The SafetyCube European Conference on Better Decision Making for Road Safety will be held on 22-23 March 2018, at Palais Auersperg in the city centre of Vienna, Austria. The SafetyCube project started on March 1st, 2015 and will run for a period of three years. Its results will be presented in the conference, with special focus on the SafetyCube Decision Support System (DSS), which is the primary objective of the project. The DSS is expected to enable policy-makers and stakeholders to select and implement the most appropriate strategies, measures and cost-effective approaches to reduce casualties of all road user types and all severities in Europe and worldwide.
The conference will bring together experts, stakeholders and decision makers from across Europe to discuss the latest developments in road safety: European Commission, FERSI, ETSC, IRTAD, FIA, individual research institutes, consultants as well as national, regional and local road safety experts. There will be simultaneous interpretation in English and German.
- Vision for Decision Support Systems and Tools: What are the stakeholder needs when faced with safety issues?
- Consequences of Crashes: How to document societal costs of crashes in an accessible way for stakeholders?
- Application of the Road Safety Decision Support System in everyday life: Testimonials & user feedback by international respondents
- Hands-on user testing of the DSS with support of SafetyCube “personal trainers”
- Challenges for road safety decision making: Important lessons learned from the development of the Road Safety DSS
- The Future of the European Road Safety Decision Support System: Panel discussion with high-ranking representatives of international institutions
Registration information is currently available:
Accommodation & locations
Below you’ll find some proposals of hotels located in Vienna. You can find a map containing locations of the event venue and the hotels below.